What does YREC offer?
Your Own working SPACE – A range of Studios, Workshops and Offices for long term rent by small business operators (between 3 months and 3 years).
CASUAL spaces for short term rental – finding it difficult writing that tender document from home, need some quite space for a couple of weeks to do some research? Inquire about our co-working and casual spaces.
RESOURCES – Our relationship with the Shire of Yarra Ranges enables YREC to tap into a Business Calendar of Events that include a range of small business development programs and excellent networking opportunities. YREC also offers training programs on-site organised by the Executive Officer.
NETWORKING – YREC arranges regular Tenant catch ups to encourage information sharing and cross – communication by Tenants.
Casual Hire – Book a Room
A Meeting room may also be hired by outside organisations during the day, and in the evenings by special arrangement. Bookings are subject to availability, with tenants receiving priority.
Become a Tenant / Member
Contact the YREC Manager, Alison Fitzgerald (refer to Contacts page) to book a Tour, request an Information Pack or request more information on YREC.
The fees of YREC have been set at affordable rates for new and developing businesses, and are based upon the size of the office/studio to be occupied. Rates range from $65 to $150 per week, depending on the size and standard of the space.
What does Tenancy with YREC include?
- Access to a lockable office/studio/work-space, on monthly tenancy terms.
- Access to your space 24 hours per day x 7 days per week (noise restrictions are in place after hours and at weekends)
- Fixed lighting
- Regular cleaning of all public areas
- Free access to Training/meeting Room (to be booked in advance)
- Shared kitchen facilities
- Support and advice from the Centre Manager, and access to no-cost professional business mentoring
- Interaction/networking opportunities with other tenants
- Easy-in/easy-out terms mean that no long-term commitments or large up-front payments are required
- External Signage promoting your business
What are Tenants responsible for?
- Compulsory Public Liability Insurance
- Ensuring a high level of Occupational Health & Safety at all times within premises
- Meeting applicable zoning, licensing, health and fire regulations
- Electricity costs (based on usage)
- Provision of own furniture and equipment
- Cleaning of own premises
- Keeping rental payments up-to-date at all times
Assessment of Applications
Applicants will be assessed on:
- Merit of business proposal.
- Background, training, and /or experience of principal(s).
- Financial status.
- Status of business plan.
- Growth and job creation potential.
- Commitment – both financial and personal.
- References – personal and business.
What does it Cost?
Upon confirmation of application, YREC requires the following prior to Entry:
- One month’s Rental in advance (cost dependent on size, location and facilities offered)
- A once-only non-refundable Entry Fee of $220 for signage, entry to the security system and administrative set-up costs
- Annual Maintenance Fee of $100
Other Costs that may be incurred by the Tenant
- Removal of excess rubbish over and above the usual weekly bin collections
- Individual Electricity costs (invoiced quarterly)
- Additional charges to be determined for the set-up of your office/studio/work-space
Induction process for new Tenants
- Signed Application and Business Plan prior to approval
- Signed License Agreement (by both parties)
- Payment upon Entry requirements
- Key hand-over and procedure for loss/replacement/additional sets
- Business information for marketing/promotional use – business name, logo, contacts
- Administration procedures – maintenance register, manager’s availability, training room booking system, security and OH&S procedures and after hours emergency contact numbers
- Tour of facility including resources onsite, introductions to other tenants